The industry of country music has not only made artists popular, but it also made them rich. From promoting singles and albums and performing at live shows and various concert stages worldwide, music indeed is a proof of popularity and riches.
Curious of who are the richest country singers of our generation today? Here’s a countdown of the top five people who literally fetched gold from the industry according to Forbes:
5. Luke Bryan. Not just a singer, Luke Bryan also co-writes songs for other artists as well as writing his own. He has released four albums from his debut in 2008 until the present. Among his popular songs are Crash My Party, I Don’t Want This Night to End, and Drunk on You. It was reported that he had a total of 34 million USD of profits, earning him a spot on the top 5.
4. Jason Aldean. This country singer has released five studio albums and is reported to be currently working on the sixth. He has eleven singles that reached the top of the charts and a winner of various award-giving bodies for music such as Top Country Album and Song for Dirty Road Anthem of the 2012 Billboard Music Awards, and Male Vocalist of the Year by the Academy of Country Music of 2013 and 2014. Some of his songs include Night Train, Why, and The Only Way I Know, earning him a total of 37 million USD this year.
3. Kenny Chesney. With a whooping fifteen studio albums that had been released and an estimated 30 million worldwide album sales since 1994, Kenny Chesney deserves a spot on this list, having a total of 44 million USD of earnings. The Good Stuff, How Forever Feels, and Don’t Blink are some of his unforgettable hits. He is also a receiver of prestigious awards such as the 2007 People’s Choice Award for Favorite Male Artist, and Music Video of the Year during the 2011 Country Music Association Awards.
2. Taylor Swift. Praise for the only girl in the list! Who could ever forget the songs You Belong With Me, Love Story, and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together? Selling over 5 million copies of her recent album Red, she earned 64 million USD aside from her endorsements. She is also a recipient of various awards and included in Rolling Stone’s Top 100 Greatest Country Songs of All Time with her song Mean.
1. Toby Keith. And the top spot goes to the singer-songwriter Toby Keith with 65 million USD. Branded by Billboard as the Country Singer of the Decade, he has sold a total of 40 million copies of his albums worldwide and recently had many endorsements including Ford automobiles. Among his songs are Cryin’ For Me and Red Solo Cup.
Country music indeed is a genre loved by many, and the profits of the artists mentioned above is the proof. It will always be among the most popular genres of music.